Q.56564 what does the IEEE 802.1Q standard describe?
IEEE 802.1Q-2014/Cor 1-2015 IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks--Bridges and Bridged Networks--Corrigendum 1: Technical and editorial corrections Correction of technical and editorial errors identified by the IEEE 802.1 maintenance activity are presented in this document.... IEEE Standards runs a Get IEEE802 programme which allows anyone to download the standards for free, 6 months after publication. The Portfolio of available documents is available. Project naming: 802.1 projects are identified using project names such as 802.1Q, 802.1ad, and 802.1Qat.
IEEE 802.1Q-2014/Cor 1-2015 IEEE Standard for Local and
The IEEE's 802.1Q standard was developed to address the problem of how to break large networks into smaller parts so broadcast and multicast traffic wouldn't grab more bandwidth than necessary.... IEEE 802.1ad is an Ethernet networking standard informally known as QinQ and is an amendment to IEEE standard IEEE 802.1Q-1998. The technique is also known as provider bridging, Stacked VLANs, or simply QinQ or Q-in-Q.
VLAN Trunking using IEEE 802.1Q Brad Hedlund
PDF: ISBN 0-7381-3982-3 SS95213 No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form, in an electronic retrieval system or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. IEEE Std 802.1D â„¢-2004 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.1D-1998) IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges Sponsor LAN MAN Standards Committee of the IEEE... I feel like you have the wrong idea about what 802.1Q is. 802.1Q is not a trunking protocol the way VTP is. 802.1Q is the standard that defined the concept of a VLAN using "tags" within the already defined Ethernet frame format.
P802.1Q-2014/Cor 1 IEEE Standards Association
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. IEEE 802.1Q, or VLAN Tagging, is a networking standard written by the IEEE 802.1 workgroup allowing multiple bridged networks to transparently share the same physical network link without leakage of information between networks.... The standard was developed by IEEE 802.1, a working group of the IEEE 802 standards committee, and continues to be actively revised. One of the One of the notable revisions is 802.1Q-2014 which incorporated IEEE 802.1aq or (shortest path bridging) and much of the 802.1D standard. 
Ieee 802.1 Q Standard Pdf
VLAN (IEEE 802.1Q)LAAJENNUKSEN STANDARDOINNIN
- IEEE 802.1Q-2014/Cor 1-2015 IEEE Standard for Local and
- PPPoE Over IEEE 802.1Q VLANs in 12.4T Cisco Community
- IEEE 802.1Q WikiVisually
- IEEE 802.1Q The Full Wiki
Ieee 802.1 Q Standard Pdf
Find the most up-to-date version of IEEE 802.1Q at Engineering360.
- IEEE 802.1Q is the networking standard that supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) on an Ethernet network. The standard defines a system of VLAN tagging for Ethernet frames and the accompanying procedures to be used by bridges and switches in handling such frames.
- The IEEE 802.1Q standard can create a very interesting scenario with Ethernet frames of maximum size. Please recall that the maximum size of an Ethernet frame is 1518 bytes as specified by IEEE 802.3 standard. Now, if such frame gets tagged the resulting frame size will be 1522 bytes, a number that exceeds the maximum size specified in IEEE 802.3 standard. In order to resolve this issue the
- This standard specifies how the Media Access Control (MAC) Service is supported by Bridged Networks, the principles of operation of those networks, and the 802.1Q-2014 - IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks--Bridges and Bridged Networks - IEEE Standard
- A basic 802.1Q-compatible switch cannot be used to add further tags to an already tagged frame, but there is an amendment to the standard called IEEE 802.1ad (also known as QinQ) which adds this capability. Note that VLAN stacking exacerbates the effect on the MTU, as each extra level adds a further 4 bytes of link-layer framing.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Weston Creek ACT, Aranda ACT, Pialligo ACT, Browns Plains ACT, McKellar ACT, ACT Australia 2658
- New South Wales: Woodcroft NSW, Abbotsbury NSW, Lucas Heights NSW, Arndell Park NSW, Pomona NSW, NSW Australia 2083
- Northern Territory: Malak NT, Wanguri NT, The Gardens NT, Mutitjulu NT, Anula NT, Ilparpa NT, NT Australia 0899
- Queensland: Goomeri QLD, Horton QLD, South Mission Beach QLD, Redlynch QLD, QLD Australia 4081
- South Australia: Monarto SA, Bridgewater SA, Cockatoo Valley SA, Olympic Dam SA, Dalkey SA, Monarto South SA, SA Australia 5033
- Tasmania: Nietta TAS, Waterhouse TAS, Levendale TAS, TAS Australia 7028
- Victoria: Faraday VIC, Yandoit VIC, Clifton Springs VIC, Port Albert VIC, Yandoit VIC, VIC Australia 3006
- Western Australia: Crossman WA, Wiluna WA, Boyanup WA, WA Australia 6049
- British Columbia: Burns Lake BC, Queen Charlotte BC, Castlegar BC, Nanaimo BC, Kaslo BC, BC Canada, V8W 8W5
- Yukon: Dalton Post YT, Readford YT, Champagne YT, Gold Bottom YT, Gold Run YT, YT Canada, Y1A 9C4
- Alberta: Provost AB, Vegreville AB, Leduc AB, Eckville AB, Bashaw AB, Carmangay AB, AB Canada, T5K 6J4
- Northwest Territories: Kakisa NT, Reliance NT, Ulukhaktok NT, Ulukhaktok NT, NT Canada, X1A 3L5
- Saskatchewan: Cabri SK, Turtleford SK, Bjorkdale SK, Hodgeville SK, Big River SK, Buchanan SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C7
- Manitoba: Russell MB, Snow Lake MB, Hamiota MB, MB Canada, R3B 3P6
- Quebec: Danville QC, Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson QC, Lavaltrie QC, Brome Lake QC, Grandes-Piles QC, QC Canada, H2Y 2W9
- New Brunswick: Edmundston NB, Quispamsis NB, Riverside-Albert NB, NB Canada, E3B 7H9
- Nova Scotia: Clare NS, Bridgewater NS, Truro NS, NS Canada, B3J 3S9
- Prince Edward Island: Lady Slipper PE, Lot 11 and Area PE, Tignish PE, PE Canada, C1A 7N3
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Conception Harbour NL, St. Bride's NL, Anchor Point NL, St. Jacques-Coomb's Cove NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J1
- Ontario: Wiarton ON, Vanier ON, Allanburg ON, Centre Dummer, Fairplay ON, Glen Nevis ON, Bayview Park ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L8
- Nunavut: Amadjuak NU, Cape Dorset NU, NU Canada, X0A 5H6
- England: Reading ENG, Salford ENG, Keighley ENG, Crewe ENG, Lincoln ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A7
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 7H1
- Scotland: Kirkcaldy SCO, Dundee SCO, Aberdeen SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Edinburgh SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B8
- Wales: Cardiff WAL, Newport WAL, Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Newport WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D6